Tuesday, July 23, 2024
HomeWorldMiddle EastIsraeli military confirms surrender of towns to Hamas

Israeli military confirms surrender of towns to Hamas

Hours after the beginning of the conflict between the state of Israel and Hamas the Israeli military confirms that some towns are under Hamas control.

On Saturday morning, Hamas launched an unjustified surprise attack that succeeded in infiltrating Israel and Hamas fired thousands of rockets from the Gaza Strip into Israel.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu convened a security cabinet meeting at Israeli military headquarters in Tel Aviv, and stated: “Citizens of Israel, we are at war, not in an operation or in rounds, but at war.”

Around 8:00 a.m. local time, Hamas military leader Mohammad Deif announced a new attack on Israel and called on Palestinians to fight.

We have been in this since the early morning hours. I convened the heads of the security establishment and ordered – first of all – to clear out the communities that have been infiltrated by terrorists. This currently is being carried out, Mr. Netanyahu said in Hebrew.

At 10:40 a.m., the IDF said the terrorists had invaded Israel from sea, air and land. It said more than 5,000 rockets were fired at Israel in the first 20 minutes of the attack alone. By 11:00 a.m., it already announced that some 2,500 rockets had been fired at Israel

However, Israel’s confidence inspires the population and the armed forces to continue to resist. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is convinced that this conflict will bring victory to Israel.

“At the same time, I have ordered an extensive mobilisation of reserves and that we return fire of a magnitude that the enemy has not known. The enemy will pay an unprecedented price. In the meantime, I call on the citizens of Israel to strictly adhere to the directives of the army and Home Front Command. We are at war and we will win it.”

RELATED ARTICLES

Most Popular